How And Where To Rent An Electric Scooter In Poland – Rules, Costs, And Providers!
In Poland, an e-scooter is called an” e-hulajnoga”. For several years now, as a tourist in several Polish cities, you can use this means of transport. With the help of an app, you unlock one of the shared scooters that can be found on the street.
How do you use this yourself and what rules apply to this? We’ll sort it out.
- How And Where To Rent An Electric Scooter In Poland – Rules, Costs, And Providers!
The rules for using an electric scooter in Poland
As a driver of an electric scooter, you follow the same traffic rules and road signs as cyclists. Here are the most important things to keep in mind:
- The minimum age to drive an electric scooter is 10 years;
- There is no driving license requirement;
- Wearing a helmet is not mandatory, but it is recommended by the Polish authorities;
- You must ride on the bike lane, if present, otherwise on the road;
- You are not allowed to drive on public roads where the speed limit is more than 30 km/h;
- You are not allowed to drive an electric scooter on the sidewalk;
- It is forbidden to ride with two people on one electric scooter;
- An electric scooter is only allowed to park on a sidewalk that is at least 1.5 meters wide and the vehicle may only be parked parallel to the sidewalk;
- The use of a telephone while driving is prohibited;
- It is not allowed to ride an electric scooter with alcohol in your blood. The maximum permitted blood alcohol level is 0.2 per mille.
How do you use an e-scooter in Poland as a tourist?
Example: Bolt app
In many Polish cities (such as Krakow andWarsaw) you can easily use an electric scooter. You do this via a mobile app:
Download the app Download the mobile app from one of the active providers (see below which providers are active in Poland).
Create an account Create an account and link a payment method. Most providers accept payments via credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
3. Find an electric scooter near you
Check in the app where the nearest electric scooter is located. In the app, you can also see the scooter’s battery percentage.
4. Unlock the vehicle
Scan the QR code on the scooter to unlock the vehicle and start your ride.
5. Park the scooter.
Done with the ride? Check in the app where the nearest return location is and put the scooter back where it will not affect anyone.
6. End the ride
You end the ride through the app. You will then see an overview of the route taken and the costs of your ride.
Which scooter share providers are active in Poland?
Every city or municipality has its own agreements with shared scooter providers. The largest providers in Poland are
|Kraków||Bolt, Lime, Tier|
|Warsaw||Bolt, Dott, Lime, Tier|
What does it cost to rent an electric scooter in Poland?
Each provider uses a starting rate and a rate per minute. These costs may differ per provider.
You pay an average of €1 to unlock an e-scooter. After that, you pay € 0.15 per minute for use. So you pay €3.25 for a 15-minute ride.
Tip: take advantage of free rides
Most providers offer so-called referral codes. A referral code is a personal code that you can find in the app. You share this code with someone else who also wants to use an electric scooter.
Are you going on a trip with several people? Then take advantage of a free ride in the following way:
Example: Tier app